Refer a patient now
(Referrals accepted anytime between 6am-5pm AWST. Closed Weekends and National Public Holidays)
If you are new to ED4GP please call 1300 433 447 and we will walk you through the simple referral steps below.
The referring GP need only to write a referral letter and then their practice staff can complete the referral process outlined below.
If this is a time-critical emergency,
please call 000.
- GP writes a standard specialist referral letter outlining clinical concern/question.
- GP places patient back in waiting room (or with nurse if unwell)
- GP hands referral letter to practice staff and asks them to contact ED4GP. GP can continue seeing other patients in the interim.
- Practice staff registers patient with ED4GP by either:
- completing patient registration form below or
- calling ED4GP 1300 433 447
- Practice staff sends ED4GP referral letter by either:
- attaching to patient registration form below or
- attaching to Submit Additional Files form or
- faxing to 1300 667 440
- ED4GP will call practice staff to set up video telehealth consultation with the patient.